Oct 30, 2006

A LONG WAY BACK

I have a lot of ground to make up. I'd like to tell you all of the things I've done and seen, but with my planned website (which I'll pick apart for this here post) going down the drain, I thought I should put something up to keep all of you up to date. It's a bit of a cut and paste, but I think this will be easier to digest than if I threw everything at you at once. I'll try to break it down like so:

First, I'm in Australia. I hope all of you know that.

Secondly, all of you should know about my past troubles with roommates, so to try and fix that problem, I decided to go for a deluxe room where I get my own room and bathroom. What I got was a big house and two really cool roommates. Here you go:


My Roommates:

Name: Matt
Age: 19
Build: Short, Lanky, 4 eyes, hair pulled back in a pony tail
Home: Brisbane, Australia
Favorite Food: Anything Microwavable
Favorite Show: Futurama, Family Guy
Favorite Music: "60's and 70's era progressive rock and 90's grunge"
In his spare time he: is a student rep for the school and goes to clubs where him and his friends dance to Grease Lightning.
Quote: "Jerk is such an American word."
We get along just fine.

Name: Chirag
Age: 25
Build: Tall, twiggy, wide eyes
Home: Bombay, India
Favorite Food: Crisp Pepperoni
Favorite Show: Everything
Favorite Music: Trance and Classical
In his spare time he: plays ps2 and talks about life.
Quote: "See, here I could buy a bike... or a horse."
He's hilarious.

What else do you need to know...? The town is really amazing. It's just a small surfing village, where everyone is really environmentally and health conscious, and it's even made me change towards that a bit, too. The school is also way nicer than I could've ever imagined. All the teachers are really laid-back (most of them take their shoes off during class) and the facilities are top-notch. I'll get some pictures up later.

It's also been really good having our big house. At times it's almost like a hotel, and we've already had some English backpackers come and go. They stayed for two nights, and we went out for a nice dinner to show them the town and then we partied a little, which broke the cycle of staying closer to home at night, which was probably for the best. Some of the night life can be scary, though... with a club like Cheeky Monkeys around, you never know what might happen, or who might... oh nevermind.

But along the lines of the scary night life, (I have to tell this story) last night Matt and I went to a party with the two girls,a nd it was in this really high-class swanky warehouse apartment, and the whole place with littered with candles. I was talking to one of the girls, who I had a bit of a thing for, and we turn to go sit down on the couch and my back feels really hot, so I look back and I had caught my shirt on fire with one of the candles. Luckily, a quick swipe of my hand and I got it all out, but it left me with a nice big burn hole in the middle of my back for the rest of the night.

The backpackers were really sweet, though, and they invited me to spend Christmas in Brisbane with them, which now makes 3 places I have to be for Christmas, so I might have a rough day then.

Um... I suppose that's good for now. It's hard enough on my brain trying to rememberall the things that I've done. I'll try to keep things up to date about once a week, probably on the weekends, so check back later, and go ahead and leave a comment or questions if you want to hear more about anything. Hope all is well back in the States! Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you try to catch your shirt on fire? and look out, a bird'll probably shit on you or something. your life has some wierd patterns...........

Anonymous said...

Did u motor boat her? J/K. I am glad that ur having fun paul.

Edward Urrutia

Anonymous said...

i've recieved the slurpy maturation funds. thank man, but you really shouldn't have.