Mar 20, 2007

Where's Paul?

I don't even know if I can answer that. Without virtual reality, I don't really know what reality is anymore. My internet got cut off for a couple of weeks without notice, and now I'm left with some sort of crap internet that must have come from 15 years ago. The connection is so unsteady that I can't sign on to chat, and it's hard to even stay on a website for more than 3 minutes without it getting bored and kicking me off. Pretty poor excuse for internet at a technological school.

So I'm pretty mad about that. But life isn't all about the internet. I've been getting out and trying to find a job. I went to about 5 places today, and the general consensus seems to be that the town is closing down until the next tourist season. That better not be the freaking case. But I didn't have a shining bit of luck yesterday. Melisa's also looking for a job, but she's never had one before, so I said I'd go along and help her out, kind of guiding her along. We went into the beach hotel, sat down, and I started to tell her what to say to the people when she went up to talk to them. It took about 10 minutes to build up her confidence, and in the end they said that she should probably hand in a resume first and blah blah blah.... We had left our resumes at home since I was used to the States where you just go pick up an application first. So we left there, and went across the street to the Curry House where I was thinking of getting a job. I walked in and started talking to the manager, and walked out no more than two minutes later and he had offered me a job. He said I was gonna be washing dishes for the first week at least, but that's fine with me. So that got Melisa pretty pissed off.

He called later and said that once he looked at his schedule, it might not work out as soon as planned, which sounds like a "f*** off" phrase, but he seemed nice enough, so I went back in and dropped off my resume to some girls working there, so hopefully he'll know that I'm actually serious about working there.

So that's going on, and as far as school goes, we're starting to get into it more now. We've got quite a few projects lined up, and we're gonna have to record our first full band coming up in a few weeks. It's a pretty daunting task, but hopefully it'll be fun. So that's it. I just haven't been into writing much recently, but that doesn't mean I'm dead or nuthin'.

So I hope everyone had a good spring break, and just be glad that you got a break. I know Byron Bay is the most relaxing place on earth, but now I need a break from it. I want a big city with flashing lights and 30 story buildings. I think I'm going to Vegas first thing when I get back.

No comments: