Dec 23, 2004

Paul demands respect

No, not me really, but yes, i do. I demand repsect for Paul. Just not me Paul. Paul Reubens. You know, PeeWee Herman. Tonight i watched PeeWee for the first time in a long time, and i wonder how some of my friends refuse to watch the movie with me, namely, Sara, i think it was. I don't think you can deny PeeWees childish charm if you've seen the movie. If you can watch him dance up on that bar in front of the bikers or, watch him ride through the billboard on a motorcycle soon after that, or watch the mexicans say "adobe" without at least cracking a smile, then the child inside of you is dead. The stupid humor that's present in this movie is what so often goes missing in some of the gross teen comedies, which thankfully have died off some themselves, and is somewhat present in movies like Napoleon Dynamite. Thank God for geeks. I think, and hope, the industry will see the success of these kinds of movies and make more mindless humor, yet works for our laughs with originality. Thatsa spicy movie there.

No comments: