Feb 14, 2006

You can't have your blog, and eat it.

Yeah, so i had a birthday yesterday, big whoop, wanna fight about it? It doesn't really change a damn thing, but it'll just end up making me look stupid for the next couple days if anyone asks me how old i am. I always mess up on that one. So is this the time that i give my complete overview of the past year? Well, i suppose it has been one of the most important years of my life, just because, a year ago, i was still in college, at CSU no less, but at this point, it was starting to become clear to me that that wasn't the place that i wanted to be, and not the shit that i wanted to do. It was a big decision in my life, but i'm so glad that i didn't just sit there and take it up the ass from that whole school.

Also, which is kind of ironic, about a year ago this month is when i stopped working at timberline timing, and here i am, getting ready to quit my job at the bowling alley. There's something about February that just inspires me to show off my middle finger to any authority in my life. For the most part, they've been quite unimpressed.

So what else? This past year, although it started off with a bang, what with my old roommates and all, has kind of sputtered out here at the end. But what would this leave for the next year? Well, barring the end of the world with the coming of the age of aquarius, which by the way is my astrological sign, I hope for a clear future. I need some excitement back in my life. Quit the shit job, and get back on the horse and do something with the skills that i have, like i know i can do. I need to get back in with all my friends, who i've spent so little time with recently, i hardly know how to talk with them anymore. It's not them necessarily, but maybe it's just the fact that my life at the moment has been too scripted.

Goddamn, i'm tired. I guess that best summarizes the past year. I'm out of gas, but I keep myself going just because I don't want the things i hate (work) to ruin my life when I'm not there also. It's tough, but it feels more fulfilling getting through it, just making the extra effort to do the smaller things with my friends.

No comments: