Apr 19, 2006

What People Say Part Two

So i kind of read back through what i wrote for my last post, and it was painfully clear that my narrative skills have dropped off since i've been posting less. Not a big deal.

But the other thing that pissed me off... We were all sitting around the table, eating lunch, and everyone starts asking me "So if you are going back to school, what do you think you'll do?"
It's a valid question, and i don't mind answering it, but my brother says "Remember, Paul, you don't have to answer any of these questions." I thought it was just funny, so i told them "I was thinking about going to culinary school, you know... cooking." So everyone kind of starts talking about that... "Oh good, cooking..." And then my aunt says, in the most condescending voice i've ever heard: "So... have you ever tried cooking?"

Do you think i'm fucking retarded? So after that, i didn't answer anymore questions.

In other news, here was my fortune yesterday... i think it's my favorite one of all time: It must be home-grown.

1 comment:

Sitzman said...

It's true. I'm Paul's brother, and he often gets the short end of the stick when it comes to family interactions. For example, when he stopped playing football, he was forced to get a job. I quietly pointed out to our ma that I had neither had a job nor played football in school.
Shit man, it'll all work out. You just have to put up with what gets thrown at you for a while, then you'll do fine. Things sort themselves out for cool people like you.
Also, Eels are playing in Boulder June 7. I'll be in Argentina, but if you're in town, it's imperative that you see them. They're amazing live!