Feb 16, 2007

Slow Night, So Long

Not much to talk about these days. My birthday came and went, and while it was fun, it wasn't on the gradiose scale that I always thought my 21st birthday would be presented at. Then Valentine's Day. What a joke.

So the days have been slow. There's been some massive waves, like 10-12 feet, here because there's a tropical storm off the coast of New Zealand. Most people would be pissing themselves with excitement, but I was mostly just pissing myself. They were way too big for me to surf, but I went out and bodyboarded on a couple of the beasts, and it was then that I was happy I didn't take my board out. The waves threw me down into the ocean floor with such force, I couldn't believe. Luckily, I could execute my tuck and roll method along the sand so I didn't get hurt too bad.

Today I woke up and cleaned up this sty a bit since we have housing inspections coming up in a couple of days. It's gonna be even worse since we're having a barbecue here in a couple days, so I hope it doesn't get so out of control that we can't clean everything up before the inspections. After I'd cleaned my ass off, I wanted to get outside, so I hopped on my bike and started to ride into town. I didn't know exactly where I was going, but I stopped by my friend Cameron's house to talk to him, but by the time I got there, I realized I was only 40 short kilometers from Ballina. Maybe I messed up the conversion in my head, but I somehow thought that wouldn't be too far to ride on my bike. Mostly I needed something to do. I started riding like a madman and I got about a quarter of the way there before the hills got to me and my water started to run out. I started back home and barely made it before collapsing in a heap of self-satisfaction. It must've been about a 20 mile ride all together, and I did it out of the blue, so I was pretty happy.

And now that I'm thinking of it, I don't think I've ever given a link to my brother's blog. He always sends his friends over to mine, so if you're the blog-surfing type, you might want to go check out his page. Especially congratulate him on his marriage, and check out the pictures of him and his new wife. Much better than the old wife.

Other than that I've just been playing guitar, reading, listening to music. Whatever catches my interest. I just got my birthday present from my family yesterday so I'm digging into some of my new music. I'm especially into Sound Team and The Shins' new album right now. Also, the Kings of Leon just released a single for their upcoming album and it's freaking amazing. It's called On Call if you want to check it out, but maybe it's already all over the radio in the States. I'm not there, I don't know.

So hopefully I'll get some good pictures from the barbecue tomorrow. I know I always say that, and never get any, but hopefully SOMEONE will get a picture of the hairdo I'm planning. Hopefully those will be coming!

Take care.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ryan-
if you read this, congratulations.
-mitch

Pablo said...

No. That was a joke. As far as I know, there has always been just one wife. I should probably clarify that in case Angela is reading also. I guess that could get Ryan in trouble.

Sitzman said...

Hey-
First of all, it´s always a good idea to clean your ass off, as you say.
Also, no first wife. But it reminded me of a Who song.
Thanks, Mitch.
Ryan