Nov 5, 2004

Loving's just better in California

I finally got the book "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis, and for the past week it's been the only thing that's kept me awake in classes. It's extremely well written for a musician, even though he had help from a real writer, and it gives a very detailed account of his entire life. The most interesting part of it to me is the drugs that he did. Pot, coke, heroin, LSD, just about anything. And it started at a very early age since his dad was a drug dealer, but the part that i liked most out of that was when he was first trying pot and he says this:
"I took a little drag and passed the joint back to him. It went around the table a few times, and soon we were all smiling and laughing and feeling really mellow. And then I realized I was high. I loved the sensation. It felt like medicine to soothe the soul and awaken the senses. There was nothing awkward or scary-- I didn't feel like I had lost control-- in fact, I felt like I was in control."
I think this portrays the positive effects of drugs very well, and is luckily the only part of drugs that i have experienced. I guess what i'm getting at is that people are too uptight on some things. Yeah heroin and drugs like that are incredibly dangerous, but something like marijuana (when used correctly) can have positive effects on a person, much like one might feel while smoking some tobacco products, yet one is socially and legally acceptable, and considered "cool" even, but the other is illegal and totally looked down upon. Hm... worked myself into a corner. I guess, if you see someone smoking a cigarette, tell them to try pot too.
Secondly, you may be wondering about the title of the blog. I'm trying to relate it to all the songs that come out that tell about how great love and sex is in california. Of course most bands come from california, so it makes sense that they'd have experience, but with california love, and californication, and other such songs, it really makes me want to experience this for myself. Especially being from Colorado, i'd be able to go for forever down at sea level. But if there was ever a song called Colorado Love, then everyone would try to come up here and have sex and get winded, and the song would be a terrible failure. Anyways, if i ever get around to writing music, i'll try to make a song for all us high altituders, just cause all my songs will probably be a failure anyways, so what does it matter?
I think that's enough for this post. Have a good one everyone.

No comments: