Nov 5, 2004

Nolledge For Dummies

As you know, if you know me or if you've been reading my post, i'm in college. There's many problems i wasn't expecting from college that arose and made my life a bit more difficult, but the biggest thing is the question that everyone asks themselves at this time in their lives: What will i do with my life? To tell you the truth, i have no idea. I'd live in a shit kicker house in a shit kicker town as long as i can pay for my food and have fun with friends along the way. It's not the most glamourous life, but glamour destroys people a lot of times. I also wouldn't mind living the high life either. Yes, very contradictory, but it's true. Everyone likes money and luxury, and me being the lazy ass that i am, could find a nice place to waste a day away in any kind of setting.
Luxury and liesure leads me to the social structure though, and where i lie. If you look at most of the successful people, it seems like they either started out really rich and inherited everything, or they were really poor or abused or something like that and this gave them motivation to better themselves and make their family proud and such. Then if you look at the working class, it seems as though their parents were also from the working class for the most part, and the jobs just recycle down through the generations. Then there's also the poor people that stay poor, which i guess i could also become. But as i look at it, it seems like there's a crisscross of wealth and public exposure that passes over the middle class. So from these assumtions, i, as an unmotivated middle class individual, would be looking at either a normal white collar job, or moving down to the lower class of society, without any real chance of moving up in the world. Unless i do something great.
It seems like it's not as much the education that gets the upper class status, but the ideas. Much like what's stated in Office Space when the guy invents the jump to conclusions mat. It's not the best idea, but that's really what you need to do. If you can find something that just comes to you, and something that everyone else might enjoy, you can start a company or a career from that. Then there's the writers, artists, musicians, directors. Although you can study all these things, it seems like they're just that much better when these things come naturally.
So what i'm getting at is that recently i haven't been going to class as much, and i've just been looking around trying to work on these simple things. It's not the best idea, i know, but i feel that doing one of these things would make me happier in my work, and might get me out of the normal white collar status quo that i may be doomed to follow. I'm not suggesting this to everyone, but all my family members and some of my friends have become skeptical of my learning habits, so i was just trying to lay down some basic ideas that i'm trying to follow through with. Thanks for sticking with me through that long ass post. Good night.

No comments: