Mar 20, 2006

There's only music so that there are new ringtones

So after missing out on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and various birthdays with my extended family, I finally got to see them again, and it went about how I thought it might. Everyone just kept asking me when I'd get back to school, and seemed less than impressed by the fact that I'm getting a construction job. I know... there's absolutely no honor in the job, and getting up at 5 in the morning and working hard all day builds absolutely no character. I'm such a shit for taking it. Psh. At least my bro thought it was cool, and he was even thinking about giving the whole teaching thing the big middle finger and coming to work like that.

So I mostly stayed quiet until they started asking what we'd be doing in mexico when we head down there later this week, and when all we could say was "whatever we want..." things got a little awkward, so i went down to the bar to add a little bit of whiskey to my coke, and that chilled me out during lunch so i didn't have to listen to them talk about all of my cousins report cards like they had all just killed a bear with their hands. It's funny cause when i was their age, i was at the exact same point, but things change too quickly, so i've had my chance and i'll let them soak it up.

I did get to go down to my grandpa's shop, though, which is always awesome, indeed. The two corvette stingrays were still there, so i got to slide my finger gently across them, but there was also a mini cooper there for sale, so i looked through that. Probably won't buy... just want to browse. The thing gets 40 miles to the gallon! But it was almost an exact replica of the mini from austin powers with the british flag on top, and the steering wheel on the right side and all. It was pretty sick. It was also only about $10 K, with only about 40000 miles on it. How adorable.

On the way back, it started blizzarding again, but that's all good with me. Then my dad got a few points for having jack johnson on his ipod... i never knew. So i drifted through the day, but it gave me a bit of a break that i needed.

Also, the title for this post is from "A Certain Romance" by The Arctic Monkeys. You should check out the song, if not the rest of their music, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i always liked the idea too. for the same reasons landscaping was ill summers ago. except the cauk thing.....oh, and the bandsaw that fired a fuckin board at my face.........lets see,... what am i leaving out?