Sep 25, 2004

Get Ready to Ramble

So i got quite the wake up call this morning. I'm a bit tired from a bit of a restless night of sleep, but i head down to the other hall for breakfast. While i'm there i get some bacon and hashbrowns, and a glass of chocolate milk, and then i decide to make some waffles. I set the tray down next to the machine, then i put the batter in, and then close the thing, but i forget to set the timer, so after a few mintues i figure it's good enough, so i open it up and look at my waffle. It's a beautiful crispy gold on the outside, but when i try to pick it up, it breaks in the middle. "Piece of shit" i tell the waffles. So i grab the tongs and start poking at the damn things, but then the freakin machine tips over and knocks over all the shit on my tray onto the floor. A bit of it got on a girl that was passing by, so i felt really bad, but i was too tired to care too much. So then i just went and got some captain crunch and orange juice, and stayed the hell away from the waffle machine.

After i got the breakfast under control and into my belly, i went to work, and then went to class. This can be a wicked combination. By the time i get to class, i don't even try to take notes. Most of the time i don't even take a pen and paper to class, so i just take a nap. Today was a bit weird though. I fell asleep in the position that i call "The Philosopher", which is me resting my forehead dircetly on top of my closed knuckles. It's not the most beautiful pose since i of course wake up with four huge streaks down my forehead, but it's comfortable enough. So when i wake up, the girl sitting next to me is leaning her camera phone over into my face, and she's getting ready to take a picture, so i snap my head up and look at her. She pulls the phone back and acts like she was just playing games on them. Very clever, but even while i'm still clearing the shit out of my tired eyes, i can see right through their lies. Nay, i could see through their souls. But anyways, i strike up a conversation with them. They ask me why i don't bring a notebook to class, and i say "cause i don't take notes". Then they ask why i got there just to sleep, and i say "cause this is the only place that i can get any sleep". It's kind of true, whenever i come to the dorms to take a nap, i end up playing games with the kids from my hall, or watching nick toons. Except for that damn "Splat!" they have on there now. It's all so commercial. Damn them.

Tonight i went to my high schools football game, which was against our crosstown rivals. I always said i wouldn't go back to their games, but whatever. I saw people that i didn't even knew knew me. Especially one girl. I'd seen her before, but i don't really even remember her name, but she seemed incredibly happy to see me. Makes me feel somewhat of an ass, don't it? But she's hot, so maybe i should've talked to her more. Hey, i'm a college kid now. There was some other girls that kept giving me the ol up and down with their eyes. Just checking out the bod. Our team won too.

So goes number 3.

No comments: