Sep 30, 2004

Working hard or hardly working?

Mostly the latter. Today, work was a bit of a joke to me. I showed up to find the doors locked and all the lights off, so i used my key to get in, only to find my coworker hiding behind the door. Boy did he get me... So i punched in and then spent the next half hour locked in an intense rubber band war with him. My boss wasn't there, as you might guess, so we did this for a good 15 mintues. I got him twice in the head, so i declared myself the silent victor. Then i put some papers into envelopes for a while, and then my boss came in. This is the boss who put a bag of cookies in the microwave and started the whole bag on fire. Then sprayed febreeze in there to try to cover up the smell. Now everything you cook smells forresty fresh. That's not a good thing. So my coworker tried microwaving some baking soda to get rid of the smell, but used the wrong kind of plate, so it carcked and we threw it away. I'm anxious to see if we start trying to microwave army men since the microwave is kind of shot now anyways. So after my boss got there, she gave me the choice of taking inventory of apparel, or breaking up crates with a crowbar and a sledge. Now there's a predicament.

So while i'm breaking up the crates, i lift the rotting lid to find a nice little beehive waiting for me. Or one big beehive and about 3 little ones around it rather. What are sledges for huh? So when it comes down to it, i got some anger out. The only problem was i got a splinter in my middle finger (hahaha) and it took me a good fifteen minutes to dig it out, and the cut ended up being about three times as long and twice as deep as it originally was. Maybe i should be a doctor cause i have so much fun digging around in cuts. Maybe i'm weird, but it's interesting as shit to me. Well, the interesting kind of shit. The rest of the day consisted of me not going to class, watching the simpsons, mxc, and eternal sunshine. I'll tell ya what, that's a good movie. In fact, it gives me an idea. The top 5 movies to watch while stoned/drunk/not in your right mind. Note: These will all be movies i've seen and are mostly sitting in front of me, so don't tell me about other movies i missed. Note number 2: I have not actually watched these movies while stoned or drunk, but i can imagine that they would be good ones to watch.

5. Run Lola Run. Pros: This German movie would be a trip mostly because on it's use of cartoons in the middle of scenes and the general quirkiness of story and mood. Cons: The subtitles and three different roads that the character travels may be too much for anyone under the influence to follow.

4. Kill Bill Volume 1. Pros: The over the top blood and violence in this movie would make for some good eye candy, while alcohol would make Uma Thurman seem even hotter! Cons: Some of the back story and slower parts in the movie would lose your attention.

3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Pros: There's humor in this movie, and mixed with some of the trippy scifi parts and crazy flashbacks, it could be a fun watch. Cons: It is a romantic comedy, and therefore has some slow parts.

2. Donnie Darko. Pros: This funny scifi drama has a great story that involves demonic rabbits and time travel, which doesn't always make sense anyways. Cons: It keeps you up all night thinking about it even when you're sober.

1. Super Troopers. Why #1? Damn it's funny. With it's great comic one liners and drug references, it would be a dream of anyone that has no problem getting messed up.

So there it is, take it or leave it, and feel free to argue, and i'll feel free to not listen to complaints.

No comments: