Oct 21, 2004

R.I.P.

Yesterday, my life took a major blow when my favorite hacky sack made it’s final bow. It had been feeling bad for some time, and with the gaping hole in it’s skin ever widening, I felt that it was probably time to pull the plug. Since life is often unfair, the time came early in the morning (about 2 to be more exact), and the only person with me to witness, mourn, and hack with me was Sara, so we took ol’ Stephen McHackensworth (in death, members of project mayhem have a name) out into the parking lot, and hacked with him until all of the sand was out. It was only then, however, that I realized how fine and pure the sand within him was, and he made for a good hack until the final grain fell to the blacktop. My eyes teared up and I cried on Sara’s shoulder, and it was then, in my time of grief, that I realized that Mr. McHackensworth must not stay out of the game forever. So, I have since decided that I would use the leftover sand from my zen garden to fill Stephen with life again, and I would sew him up with threads of love, and birth him back into this world, hopefully in far better shape than when he left. Whether or not this plan will work, we will see. My sewing skills are untested, but I’m guessing they’ll be fairly subpar, and Stephen may end up more like my own Frankenstein. If all else fails, then I may just let life run it’s course and leave him at rest. I’ll always have 2 other hacks anyways.

No comments: