Oct 27, 2005

Krazy Kourt Kase (Kapers)

After having a good night at the Sundance, the only thing i had to look forward to was my court case for my speeding ticket in Boulder at 8 in the morning. I could either a) Get 4 hours of sleep or b) Stay up all night at Johnson's Corner. Even though 5 hours alone at Johnson's Corner in the dead of night isn't extremely fun, neither is getting up with your eyes burning through your fucking skull. So i went to JC. Armed with some books and some drawing paper, i made it through the night on 7 cups of coffee and some biscuits and gravy. I read half a book and just colored a lot using their crayons, but it ended up being a lot harder than i thought it might.

So after that, i got out of there and went to my court case. Here's how it went:

I show up and the girl working there is smokin' hot. I flirt with her some, and then she tells me that the city attorney can only reduce the point sentence, and the judge can only reduce the fine. Ridiculous. So i get into court and tell them i want to talk to the city attorney, so i do. She tells me that my record is pretty clean and she can help me out, so i get the points reduced. Then i get back to the judge and she lets me explain shit, but then she goes "with your record, you don't have a lot of room to fight this." So apparently, they had different files or something. But she didn't reduce my fine and i got slapped with a $25 court fee.

As i'm going to pay, i remembered that the judge said that if you fall inside the poverty zone, then you can have your court cost waved. So, i fill out my poverty forms to see if i can save the $25. Then i have to go back in front of the judge and she says "i didn't say that. If you apply for that, then i can just give you a payment extension." Bullshit, whatever. So they said i could have three weeks to pay, but i had the money with me, so i just paid there. I just wanted some money back. Oh well.

It's at this point that i look at the clock and realize my parking meter is probably expired. In fact it was, but luckily they didn't ticket me. I would've flipped a shit brick, ya know?

1 comment:

Pablo said...

monday's halloween.