Jul 30, 2005

Northerncoloradohelpwanteddotcom!?!?

My job search continued today, but i can't say i'm any closer to getting a job. I first went to jax, where they were pretty stringent about everything. They very specifically wanted me to state which position i was applying for, so i wrote "camping/ rock climbing supplies". Fuck if i know if that's a real position. I just want them to pay me and let me do whatever they need to get done.

Then i checked out al's newsstand, and the dude there was nice and helpful, but he said that i'd be really lucky if i got a job there. He said he'd been working there for a couple months, and the next "youngest" person at the place had been working there for 6 years. I guess it's a hot spot, though, where everyone wants to work there, but no one wants to leave.

Then i went to the wright life, and some real fucking burnout said that they didn't have applications, but i could drop off a resume. I happened to have one, so i gave it to him, and he brushed it aside and continued to talk to his friends that came to visit him.

See, i really do try to get jobs, but i can't account for other fucking people. Maybe in these cases it would be best to call back, but everytime i've tried that people just say "yeah, we're working on it..." or "i'll remember that you called", both of which are total bullshit answers. So i'll keep at it i guess, cause i gotta pay the bills and such, but, well... i don't know.

No comments: