Sep 13, 2006

Blah!

When any of you makes me dinner and I say "It can't be any worse than what I have at work", I really, really mean that. There's the meals that get you excited, like yesterday's ribs, but even those were burnt to a crisp, but then there's the meals like today. After the ribs, we were all optimistic about the future, but today wiped the smiles off our faces.

I believe it was supposed to be some sort of Thanksgiving dinner (possibly inspired by a recipe they got from a homeless shelter) because it had the turkey and the stuffing. However, the stuffing was a bunch of bread crumbs, soaked in water to make them maleable, then mashed in with dry, stale shredded turkey to make a sort of casserole. It was the first meal there (or even in my entire life) that has made me physically sick after eating it.

Then they even had peach cobbler and ice cream cake for dessert, but I couldn't even get into it because I started to feel nauxeous. This coming from a person who's eaten worms, dog, and horse penis (from my short stint on Fear Factor).

So I might not be good at articulating how much I love all of your food, but please don't get offended when I say "I've had worse."

No comments: