Sep 18, 2006

The Bout to Knock the Other Guy Out

I don't know who's the trouble. Not long at all after Craig and Matt's outstanding "I don't like you" story, we've all got another one to hang on our shelves with pride.

After a LONG day of watching college football action, even though i was wearing thin for the night, we got a call of a party up by the stadium. Everything sounded good. And it was. We knew a good deal of people there and everyone was in a peppy mood from the second we arrived. Maybe it was the Southern Comfort that we downed first thing, and maybe it was the infinite jokes that came from the fact that we had to drink our beer from coffee mugs. But everyone was having a good time, especially the guy who was cradling the Crown Royal the entire night, even after he had downed the entire bottle, and was too hammered to walk without assistance from the wall.

If we had stayed away from the beer pong, everything would've been fine, but there was two douchebags down there that were running the table and talking shit like you wouldn't believe. I don't care that they beat us from behind but even halfway through the game, things started escalating and i knew it wouldn't be long before the mud slinging would turn south.

Drew, from the dorms two years ago, was the one that eventually started it all after a couple of cups of beer started flying across the table, then the kids did the same. With everyone there, they tried to hold them back while we got Drew out of the house, and it worked out OK. Sara, who lived at the house, told the guys to leave, but they were still furious, and were trying to get after everyone who had been talking shit to them the entire night (everyone except their girlfriends, who were passed out on the beer-strewn pong table).

As we keep them away from everyone and work them up the stairs and out the door, one of the little fuckers stares me in the eye and yells "You were talking shit, too!" Yeah? And? So he bum rushes me up the stairs and tried to get me in a choke hold. I might've preferred that, because instead, he missed and got his arm around my face, and started pulling my head sideways. With his arms in my sight and my head cocked sideways, I didn't want to start throwing punches at someone I couldn't see incase I hit someone who was trying to help me. However, I did see the kid try to knee me in the face, and then I was disoriented when a punch caught me in the forehead.

Finally, whoever was trying to hold off these kids got them away and started to push them out the door. I walked away into the kitchen, fuming and paced off the steps as I saw them get pushed off into the night. I was a half step away from going after them again, but again, I didn't want to make things worse, when they were finally getting resolved. Fuck.

I didn't really get hurt much, but i still feel as if i got my ass kicked just because i couldn't retaliate the way I wanted. I'm not worried about it though. It just goes to show what 12 straight games of beer pong can do to a person.

No comments: