Sep 27, 2006

The police found a body with no brains, fucked up teeth and a retarded face. I was worried. Give me a call.

As I've written before, I work with a conspiracy theorist (don't call him that or else he'll accuse you of being like 99.9% of the rest americans who "can't handle the truth") but some of the thigns he's saying now are bugging the hell out of me.

There's the things about 9/11 being an inside job and the towers falling was the result of a controlled demolition, which I believe to be true, also, but then there's the things like "in the upper corner of the dollar bill, you'll see an owl. That's moolah, that's the god that they worship" which I don't know if it's a joke or what the fuck it is.

But the thing that really sent me over the edge was when he was telling the three of us who are college-aged, that there's no point in being in college anymore. I myself have said that numerous times, but I meant it in the "you can do OK without it, you can work your way up if you want to" way and he meant it in the "your college skills will do you no good when the end comes" sort of way. I didn't buy into it, and another kid has already dropped out of college, but the third kid is just starting his freshman year and is buying into the things that this guy says way too much for his own good.

It just seems ridiculous to me that this grown man spends his waking life talking about these things, which he declares are "documented and accurate", when it's something to have at the back of your mind at the most. There's a difference between trying to prevent something from happening and trying to be prepared for it. He's trying to prevent it, but really, he's not doing a goddamn thing about it besides freaking out.

No comments: