Sep 8, 2006

One MIIIILLLLION Dollars!

Did you ever see The Million Dollar Man? The one where the guy gets the surgery and the doctor drops a million dollar bill in the incision, and then everyone beats his ass to try to get the money. That doesn't really feel like me, thank god, but I have had so much work on me these past couple weeks to get ready for Australia, that I feel like a million dollars worth of work have gone into me. And there's more to come.

The worst part was today when I went to the dentist. I don't usually mind the visits, since I like the way my teeth hurt when I'm done, but I didn't like today when they were telling me that I need more fillings. Even the fillings aren't that bad, I've gotten my last couple without any pain killers, so I don't have to worry about a numb mouth for the rest of the day, but the new ones are going to go over the ones that I had already gotten. Aren't those suppsoed to be permanent? Or did they just do a shitty job the first time?

Then they tried telling me that my teeth were decaying and my gums were rotting or something like that. That's exactly what they said to my brother and sister, but my brothers gums were bad because he was brushing TOO MUCH and my sisters teeth were bad because she was drinking too much orange juice at the time. Seriously... is there nothing good in the world anymore? I don't see how brushing your teeth too much is going to destroy your gums any more than when they go in there and tear your mouth apart with their spear. Then they tell you to brush up and down, to work in your gums.

They wouldn't call them quacks if they weren't full of shit.

2 comments:

Sitzman said...

YEAH! DAMMIT! My fucking teeth are rotting out of my skull because I flossed and brushed too much! This shit´s true!
And I drank a ton of coffee, but that just discolored them, though. That´s the price you pay for beauty.
I also had to take the body into the shop before I came here to Coast Tasty, and I hated all the doctors. I also got six vaccinations in one day!
Anyhow, good work on the blog... often thoughtful, often hilarious.
Although mine´s still better.

Anonymous said...

rabble. rabble rabble rabble.