Sep 28, 2006

The Final Countdown

Good news: I got tickets for the Broncos monday night game against the Ravens. They're in the nosebleeds, but the lower region of the nosebleeds at the goalline. Not too bad.

Better news: I have two more days of work left. I'm ready to get out, too. The town is killing me and once again, Mr. Conspiracy Theory (CT from now on) keeps managing to auger his way into my psyche more and more each day. The main thing is that he refuses to be wrong. And so do I. So there's a lot of debating.

Today we were talking about reading and school and I mentioned about how books like Harry Potter are good for young kids because it lets them know that 800 page books aren't always daunting, and it introduces some kids to loyalty, imagination, and a world without television.

Then he comes back with the ol' "Yeah, but it teaches kids witchcraft" rebuttal. And we all know where that led us to.

It's just been a long week. I'm ready to see all of my friends at my going away party!

3 comments:

Sitzman said...

Sorry I´ll miss that going away party, man.

Pablo said...

You can make it up to me by visiting Australia. It's a harsh punishment, i know, but i think it's fitting.

Sitzman said...

I´m trying to weasel my way down there at some point...