Apr 27, 2005

Splurge

Today was windy. I guess that's the most that can be said about the weather. Warm, but windy. When my speech teacher let us out early, I took the opportunity to head to Best Buy and see the new releases for this week. I ended up buying Ben Folds' new cd "Songs for Silverman", the Eels new cd "Blinking Lights and Other Revelations", and a Flaming Lips compilation cd. They're all good, but the last one is the most interesting to me.

Instead of it being the Flaming Lips' music (they do have their cover of the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army" on there) it's more like a mixed tape that they would put together, and it mostly shows off some of their favorite bands, and who they're influenced by. It's really good, and it's in a series with other bands such as Jamiroquai and Zero 7 (for all you Garden State fans) that have put these cds together. It's a good listen, and it's a great way to expand your musical boundaries, since I had only heard of 7 out of the 20 bands that were on there. The series is called LateNightTales, so check it out if you want. And check out the other cds while you're at it.

So, as you can probably tell, most of my day was spent next to the stereo, getting aquainted to the new music. Can't complain. I hope you all had a day as musically, but certainly not academically, as stimulating as mine.

No comments: