Feb 21, 2005

Breaking new ground.

I'm really quite pathetic, i must say. I went home this weekend, and for once, i just sat and chilled with my family. They usually give me crap or hassle me about school or whatever, but we just sat around and watched movies. We kind of had to though. My mom had foot surgery, and it was worse than she thought it would be, so she's in a cast and it'll be about 6 weeks of rehab or something like that i think she said. She has to use crutches to get around, but i still had the heart to hassle her that she was too slow on them. What a bastard i am. She laughed and my dad laughed, so i guess it was all good. The worst part is that this was just one foot, and once this one is healed, she gets to have it on her other foot too, so i guess it'll be a while till i get to hoop it up with her again.
So we sat and watched troy last night. The critics hated it, and i agree it was a bit slow to develop at times, but it still kept me hanging on almost every word that was said. And the fight scene between hector and achilles rivals some of the best coreographed fight scenes in recent memory (crazy ass fighting like in kill bill or hero not included). Also, with my mom incapacitated, i figured i'd help her out with some work. This is where i'm really pathetic. I did my laundry for the first time... ever. Yeah. My mom doesn't usually mind doing our laundry, so i don't usually think much of it, but it was really quite easy when it came down to it. Well, duh, but i never got the "hot-cold" "warm-cold" stuff and when you use that, and then there's regular fabrics and permanent press and all those. I've just never taken the time to figure it all out, and i bet you i couldn't do it all again right now if i had to. Yeah, just like that. But i got it done and got it all back to school, so i'm set for another week with some sweet smelling underwears.
Tonight then, the boys and i got back to what we do best. Well, first we watched the nba all star game, which was rather uninspired if you ask me, but it was a good reason to use the big screen and ping pong table downstairs. Then we went back to the gym and got our games on, since we missed basically all of last week because of tests and what not. Tonight was pretty good. We played some 2 on 2 and craig and i won both times, the second time going into extra points. Then we played some pig, which i won with a behind the back pass off the backboard into a layup. It was crazy. And then i realized that i could not only touch the rim now, but i can grab onto it. I'm not really trying to brag, but i'm trying to advertise my shoes. I guess i'm bragging about my shoes, but in the past year or so i've just bought crappy shoes at, oh... super wal mart for dirt cheap, and i haven't had many good $50+ dollar shoes. What are birthdays for? So i was pretty happy about my hops tonight, but i'll still shit myself if i ever dunk. That's forbidden territory as far as i'm concerned.
After that i took a nice shower and watched napoleon dynamite for the 4th or 5th time. Still funny. Once again, it was good to just sit and talk, and i got some quality conversation in with nancy. I guess it's quality even if you're just talking about the movie, but it's getting better.
Well, that was my weekend. I hope all of yours were kickin' too. Good night.

HI, MY NAME IS:

No comments: